2015-2016 Back to School Information
It is time to start preparing for the 2015-2016 school year! We imagine
you are as excited as we are for this eventful transition! Knowing that
there may be many questions about this transition we have different
opportunities to help you.
April 25, 2015 @ Hult Health Center - Kindergarten Transition Fair
July 25, 2015 @ DreamCenter Peoria - Backpack Peoria (9am-2pm)
August 6 & 7, 2015 @ all primary/middle schools - New Student Registration
August 11 & 12, 2015 @ all high schools - New Student Registration
August 16, 2015 @ 11:59 p.m., Online enrollment closes for returning students
August 17, 2015 @ all schools - First day of school (full day)
Incoming Kindergarten Students
Many of our District #150 schools have a
site-based Kindergarten Round-Ups you can visit and attend in addition to the Kindergarten Transition Fair we held in April.
Please contact your home school or visit their website for more
information. This is an opportunity for you and your child to see the
school and Kindergarten rooms first hand.
Talk to your child’s teacher about the transition process from preschool to Kindergarten; if you have additional concerns.
New Students To The District Or To A New School
New student registration dates are set for primary/middle schools and high schools. New student registration packets can be picked up from a school at any time while a school secretary is working at the school (most return two weeks prior to the start of school). New student registration dates allow families to turn in their packet, proof of address, physical exam and immunization records and pay any fees.
Returning Students To The District
Online student registration can be completed through the online enrollment verification process starting August 1st by logging on to Skyward Family Access and clicking on the Enrollment Verification link. A school may request a current proof of address, if needed. Families can also visit the school during new student registration to speak to a school staff member regarding any questions the family may have. Families may also check the school's website for dates and times that a school computer lab may be available to receive guidance through the online verification process. The Peoria Public Library will also have computers available at its branches for parents to complete online enrollment.
Backpack Peoria event
To register your student, the following documents need to be gathered:
1. Proof of Address: water bill, power bill, or lease agreement (notarized)If
you have any further questions regarding enrollment for the 2015-2016
school year, please contact your home school. Thank you.
2. Physical examine: “Dated within one year of the first day of school”
3. Eye examination: Due October 15th “Dated within one year of the first day of school”
- Health history (completed and signed by parent/guardian)
- Diabetes Screening Assessment (practitioner report)
- Proof of Lead Risk Assessment (proof of blood test is required for students living in high-risk
- Zip codes 61602 through 61606 (practitioner report)
- 5 DTaP (Diphteria, Tetanus, Pertussis) shots with last does at age 4 years or later
- 4 Polio shots with last dose at age 4 years or later
- 1 MMR shot plus 1 measles booster shot
- 1 Varicella (Chicken Pox) shot or proof of having had the disease
- 3 HEP B (Hepatitis B) shot
4. Dental Examination: Due May 15th “Dated within 18 months prior to May 15th”
For pre-enrollment of new students for the 2015-2016 school year
By participating in pre-enrollment before July 1, 2015, incoming kindergarten students and other new families moving into the District for the 2015-2016 school year, can ensure they receive contact information from the District and your school over the summer, as well as be able to participate in online enrollment verification through Family Access to ensure your information is up to date for the new school year. Online enrollment verification opens on August 1, 2015. In addition, the District can make staffing plans earlier to accommodate all incoming students.
Copy of Birth Certificate
Proof of Address - Ameren bill, water bill, or notarized letter from landlord that states the family lives at the address
Enrollment Packet English / Spanish
Packets includes 1) District Enrollment form, 2) Release of Information form,3) U.S. Department of Education Race and Ethnicity Data Standards form, 4) Home Language Survey form, 5) Student Network/Internet Usage Agreement form, 6) CEP Notification letter, 7) State of Illinois Certificate of Child Health Examination form (to be completed by family doctor), 8) Peoria City/County Health Department Immunization Information
- Family Access - Families
are no longer required to complete an application to receive login
credentials for Family Access. Once a student is enrolled, visit http://www.psd150.org/icon/family and click on "Forgot your Login/Password?" and use the email address you have on file with the District to receive your login information.
- Free/Reduced Lunch Form English / Spanish - This form is for Richwoods families only and should be used instead of the Fee Waiver Form.
- Fee Waiver Form English / Spanish - This form allows families to apply for a waiver for school fees, in addition to participating in the CEP.
- Medication Form English / Spanish
- UnityPoint Methodist In-School Health Clinic Consent Form English / Spanish For Manual, Harrison and Trewyn Schools only
These informational letters and forms will be made available over the summer for all families in a summer mailing packet.
All information will also be available via the links below: