2015-2016 Back to School Information
It is time to start preparing for the 2015-2016 school year! We imagine
you are as excited as we are for this eventful transition! Knowing that
there may be many questions about this transition we have different
opportunities to help you.
This month there will be a District
#150 Kindergarten Transition Fair at Hult Health Education Center
Saturday, April 25 from 9am-2pm. At this fair each District #150 school
containing a Kindergarten class will be represented. This event is a
“one-stop-shop” for families. At this event, parents and families can
register their child for Kindergarten, learn about Kindergarten
curriculum, participate in health screenings and enjoy free food and
In addition, many of our District #150 schools have a
site-based Kindergarten Round-Ups you can visit and attend as well.
Please contact your home school or visit their website for more
information. This is an opportunity for you and your child to see the
school and Kindergarten rooms first hand.
Talk to your child’s teacher about the transition process from preschool to Kindergarten; if you have additional concerns.
Finally, to register for Kindergarten the following documents need to be gathered:
1. Proof of Address: water bill, power bill, or lease agreement (notarized)
2. Physical examine: “Dated within one year of the first day of school”
3. Eye examination: Due October 15th “Dated within one year of the first day of school”
- Health history (completed and signed by parent/guardian)
- Diabetes Screening Assessment (practitioner report)
- Proof of Lead Risk Assessment (proof of blood test is required for students living in high-risk
- Zip codes 61602 through 61606 (practitioner report)
- 5 DTaP (Diphteria, Tetanus, Pertussis) shots with last does at age 4 years or later
- 4 Polio shots with last dose at age 4 years or later
- 1 MMR shot plus 1 measles booster shot
- 1 Varicella (Chicken Pox) shot or proof of having had the disease
- 3 HEP B (Hepatitis B) shot
4. Dental Examination: Due May 15th “Dated within 18 months prior to May 15th”
Kindergarten Transition Fair, April 25, 2015 starts the Kindergarten Enrollment Process.
April 27, 2015 (Monday): Following the
Kindergarten Transition Fair, Enrollment will be open District-wide for all new students in all grade levels.
you have any further questions regarding enrollment for the 2015-2016
school year, please contact your home school. Thank you. We hope to see
you at the District #150 Kindergarten Transition Fair on Saturday, April
For pre-enrollment of new students for the 2015-2016 school year
By participating in pre-enrollment before July 1, 2015, incoming kindergarten students and other new families moving into the District for the 2015-2016 school year, can ensure they receive contact information from the District and your school over the summer, as well as be able to participate in online enrollment verification through Family Access to ensure your information is up to date for the new school year. Online enrollment verification opens on August 1, 2015. In addition, the District can make staffing plans earlier to accommodate all incoming students.
Copy of Birth Certificate
Proof of Address - Ameren bill, water bill, or notarized letter from landlord that states the family lives at the address
Enrollment Packet English / Spanish
Packets includes 1) District Enrollment form, 2) Release of Information form,3) U.S. Department of Education Race and Ethnicity Data Standards form, 4) Home Language Survey form, 5) Student Network/Internet Usage Agreement form, 6) CEP Notification letter, 7) State of Illinois Certificate of Child Health Examination form (to be completed by family doctor), 8) Peoria City/County Health Department Immunization Information.
- Family Access - Families
are no longer required to complete an application to receive login
credentials for Family Access. Once a student is enrolled, visit http://www.psd150.org/icon/family and click on "Forgot your Login/Password?" and use the email address you have on file with the District to receive your login information.
These forms will be made available over the summer for all families - new and returning.
- Fee Waiver Form English / Spanish - This form allows families to apply for a waiver for school fees, in addition to participating in the CEP.
- Medication Form