2016-2017 Back to School Information
It is time to start preparing for the 2016-2017 school year! We imagine
you are as excited as we are for this eventful transition! Knowing that
there may be many questions about this transition we have different
opportunities to help you.
April 23, 2016 @ Woodruff Career & Technical Center - Kindergarten Transition Fair
Registration Hubs Open @ Richwoods, Peoria High, Manual, Lincoln K-8 and Peoria/City County Health Department
- July 25, 2016 (Tuesday) - 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- July 27, 2016 (Thursday) - 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- July 30, 2016 (Saturday - 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (Backpack Peoria event only / hubs not open)
- August 3, 2016 (Wednesday) - 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- August 6, 2016 (Saturday) - 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
July 30, 2016 @ DreamCenter Peoria - Backpack Peoria (9am-2pm)
August 16, 2016 @ 11:59 p.m., Online enrollment closes for returning students
August 17, 2016 @ all schools - First day of school (full day)
Incoming Kindergarten Students
Many of our Peoria Public Schools have a
site-based Kindergarten Round-Ups you can visit and attend in addition to the Kindergarten Transition Fair we held in April.
Please contact your home school or visit our website calendar for more
information. This is an opportunity for you and your child to see the
school and Kindergarten rooms first hand. Talk to your child’s teacher about the transition process from preschool to Kindergarten; if you have additional concerns.
Hub Registration Dates for New Students To The District Or To A New School
New student registration dates are set for primary/middle schools and high schools. New student registration packets can be picked up from a school at any time while a school secretary is working at the school. You can also download the packet below. New student registration dates allow families to turn in their packet, address verification, physical exam and immunization records and pay any fees.
Returning Students To The District
Online student registration can be completed through the online enrollment verification process starting July 25, 2016 by logging on to Skyward Family Access and clicking on the Enrollment Verification link. A school may request a current proof of address, if needed. Families can also visit the school during the registration hub dates and times listed above to speak to a district or school staff member regarding any questions the family may have. Laptops will be available at each hub for families that need computer access to complete enrollment verification. The Peoria Public Library will also have computers available at its branches for parents to complete online enrollment.
Backpack Peoria event
More info coming soon!
To register your student, the following documents need to be gathered:
1. Proof of Address: If
you have any further questions regarding enrollment for the 2016-2017 school year, please contact your home school. Thank you.
2. Physical examine: “Dated within one year of the first day of school”
3. Eye examination: Due October 15th “Dated within one year of the first day of school”
- Health history (completed and signed by parent/guardian)
- Diabetes Screening Assessment (practitioner report)
- Proof of Lead Risk Assessment (proof of blood test is required for students living in high-risk
- Zip codes 61602 through 61606 (practitioner report)
- 5 DTaP (Diphteria, Tetanus, Pertussis) shots with last does at age 4 years or later
- 4 Polio shots with last dose at age 4 years or later
- 1 MMR shot plus 1 measles booster shot
- 1 Varicella (Chicken Pox) shot or proof of having had the disease
- 3 HEP B (Hepatitis B) shot
4. Dental Examination: Due May 15th “Dated within 18 months prior to May 15th”
For pre-enrollment of new students for the 2016-2017 school year
By participating in pre-enrollment before July 1, 2016, incoming kindergarten students and other new families moving into the District for the 2016-2017 school year, can ensure they receive contact information from the District and your school over the summer, as well as be able to participate in online enrollment verification through Family Access to ensure your information is up to date for the new school year. Online enrollment verification opens on July 25, 2016. In addition, the District can make staffing plans earlier to accommodate all incoming students.
Copy of Birth Certificate
Proof of Address - Students enrolling, re-enrolling following a break in attendance, or upon request following returned District mail or contact attempts by the District, must provide address verification by presenting TWO original documents to the school secretary to complete the enrollment process at Peoria Public Schools prior to attending school or by the deadline presented by school staff. All documents must contain the parent/guardian’s full residence address. (see enrollment packet link below for list of accepted documents)
Enrollment Packet English / Spanish (coming soon)
Packets includes 1) District Enrollment form, 2) Release of Information form,3) Address Verification Requirements 4) U.S. Department of Education Race and Ethnicity Data Standards form, 4) Home Language Survey form, 5) Student Network/Internet Usage Agreement form, 6) Health Requirements Information
- Family Access - Families
are no longer required to complete an application to receive login
credentials for Family Access. Once a student is enrolled, visit http://www.psd150.org/icon/family and click on "Forgot your Login/Password?" and use the email address you have on file with the District to receive your login information.
- Free/Reduced Lunch Form English / Spanish - This form is for Richwoods families only and should be used instead of the Fee Waiver Form. (not available until after July 1st)
- Fee Waiver Form English / Spanish - This form allows families to apply for a waiver for school fees, in addition to participating in the CEP. (not available until after July 1st)
- Medication Form English / Spanish
- UnityPoint Methodist In-School Health Clinic Consent Form English / Spanish For Manual, Harrison and Trewyn Schools only
These informational letters and forms will be made available over the summer for all families in a summer mailing packet. Families that are moving into or enrolling their child into Peoria Public Schools as a new student in 2016-2017 are strongly encouraged to enroll early so that summer mailings will be received. All information will also be available via the links below:
- Superintendent's Letter
- Letter from your Principal see the link for your school to the right
- District-wide School Calendar (Valeska Hinton Calendar)
- School Times and Uniform Information
- School Supply List see the link for your school to the right
- Community Eligibility Provision information
- Health Requirements
- In-School Health Clinic information Harrison, Trewyn and Manual only
- Online Enrollment information and instructions
- Compass Learning Overview
- Career Cruising Overview
- Parent University Calendar
- College Bound Peoria Information and Calendar High Schools Only
- Parents as Leaders information and calendar
- Bus Bulletin information
- District Connect App and ParentLink communication from District
- Backpack Peoria Event Flyer (July 30th from 9a.m.-2p.m. at DreamCenter Peoria)
- Library card information from Peoria Public Library New
Asbestos Containing Building Materials Management Plan New